The building on the corner on the uphill side of the square is Palazzo del Capitano del Popolo. In 1275 the Comune (Town hall) bought some houses next to the Torre del Popolo (Tower of the People) to build a new seat for the Magistrature of the Captain (Capitano del Popolo). In 1282 the building was already finished and Captain Guido dé Rossi from Florence ordered that his own coat of arms be bricked between two shields with the cross, the symbol of the City hall. In 1926 the Palace was completely restored in a neo-fourteenth century style using the designs of Architect Ruggero Antonelli (Perugia 1888-1974). The rooms on the ground floor are decorated with paintings by Adalberto Migliorati (Rome 1902 – Perugia 1953), representing medieval crafts.